- We experiment with the shortcast format by speedpodding the show!
What did we learn?
- Tim talks about how 3-minutes or less podcasts are not worth it for 90 percent of niches
- Kyle talks about who benefits from the 3-minute format and how it could work for your niche
- Yup! Tim and Kyle do not agree on speedpodding. It happens, folks!
- Podwrecked secretly celebrates a milestone by reaching episode #50
- Eartime Word of the Day: Shortcast
- Chaux: ‘most consumption will be 3 minute episodes’
- How long should a podcast be?
- Why short-form podcasts are about to explode
- Technology: Hypercatcher - Podcast Bookmarks
- Short Audio Drama Example: Two-Minute Danger Theater
- Short Podcast Host Example: Trebble.fm - Daily shortcast hosting
- 7 Best Alexa Flash Briefing Options & How To Start Listening Now
- Create My Voice - Turnkey custom-built voice apps
- What is a Shortcast?
“In a 30-minute podcast, every minute matters. In a 3-minute podcast, every second matters.”
― Timothy Kimo Brien
“Compressed storytelling can work for the audience with a short attention span. But 3-minutes is a lot of work.”
― Kyle M. Bondo
Short Podcasts to Review
- For A Bad Time, Call
- The Daily Refresh with John Lee Dumas
- Podnews Daily
- The Bongino Brief
- 60-Second Science
- Grammar Girl
- Two-Minute Danger Theater
- This Day in History Class
- Brain Training Podcast
- A Very Fatal Murder
- Professor Buzzkill History Podcast
- Robot or Not?
Episode Photo Credit
Podwrecked Salvage Team
If you would like to help out the show, please become an awesome subscriber. Here is a Big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Patreon Subscribers):
- Cliff from Glockaholics Anonymous
- Mathew from The Podcast Consultant
- Dave from the School of Podcasting
- Ross from LiveStream Universe
- Joe from Super Joe Pardo
- Terri from EventYak
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the Podwrecked Salvage Team and help us make content for our show, please join our awesome Podwrecked Salvage Team!
Support the Show
Every episode is a work of passion that requires a lot of coffee! We research, read, record, mix, edit, and produce every episode ourselves.
We would greatly appreciate it if you could do two things for us:
- FEEDBACK: Send us a quick note of encouragement to us. This keeps us going when times get tough!
- VISIT: If you enjoy this podcast, please consider visiting our website at podwrecked.com!
Thank you for taking the time to listen. You are appreciated!
Tell Your Story
Podwrecked is an Oncetold Production. Tell your own story with Oncetold.