The Power of a Good Podcast Name
Ep.13 – The Power of a Good Podcast Name
Tim and Kyle ponder the struggle behind naming your podcast by pointing out what works, what doesn’t, and why it might not matter.
Episode at a Glance:
- Tim and Kyle talk about the three principles of naming a podcast: Be Original, Allow for Growth, and Don’t Be too Abstract.
- We explore the things that mess every podcaster up when they get to name their show.
- We talk about how limiting Apple Podcasts search is right now and how that won’t last forever.
What did we learn?
- Pick a name – You can always change it later.
- But do the work of trying to find a good name because it is the first thing your potential audience sees.
- Google wasn’t Google until it WAS Google – which means don’t stress too much over this process.
- You may get known for your podcast so make sure your name is something you can live with for a while.
- Do the Bar Test and the Friends and Family Test for every name you experiment with.
- You can always change your podcasts name later, or better yet, start a new one.
“Who knows a man’s name, holds that man’s life in his keeping. Thus to Ged, who had lost faith in himself, Vetch had given him that gift that only a friend can give, the proof of unshaken, unshakeable trust.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea
Signal to Podwrecked:
- Email Us: podwrecked AT GMAIL DOT com
- All our Show Notes: podwrecked.com
- All our Episodes: podwrecked.libsyn.com