Ep.50 – Speedpodding in 3-minutes or less
Tim and Kyle experiment with short podcast formats by creating a 12-minute podcast created by chaining three, 3-minute episodes together.
Episode at a Glance
- Tim and Kyle experiment with the shortcast format by speedpodding the show!
- Tim talks about how 3-minutes or less podcasts are not worth it for 90-percent of niches
- Kyle talks about who benefits from the 3-minute format and how it could work for your niche
- Yup! Tim and Kyle do not agree on speedpodding. It happens, folks!
- Podwrecked secretly celebrates a milestone by reaching episode #50
Big Thoughts from this Episode
“In a 30-minute podcast, every minute matters. In a 3-minute podcast, every second matters.”
— Timothy Kimo Brien
“Compressed storytelling can work for the audience with a short attention span. But 3-minutes is a lot of work.”
— Kyle M. Bondo
- Eartime Word of the Day: Shortcast
- Chaux: ‘most consumption will be 3 minute episodes’
- How long should a podcast be?
- Why short-form podcasts are about to explode
- Technology: Hypercatcher – Podcast Bookmarks
- Short Audio Drama Example: Two-Minute Danger Theater
- Short Podcast Host Example: Trebble.fm – Daily shortcast hosting
- 7 Best Alexa Flash Briefing Options & How To Start Listening Now
- Create My Voice – Turnkey custom-built voice apps
- What is a Shortcast?
Short Podcasts Worth Listening To
- For A Bad Time, Call
- The Daily Refresh with John Lee Dumas
- Podnews Daily
- The Bongino Brief
- 60-Second Science
- Grammar Girl
- Two-Minute Danger Theater
- This Day in History Class
- Brain Training Podcast
- A Very Fatal Murder
- Professor Buzzkill History Podcast
- Robot or Not?
Episode Photo Credit
Podwrecked Salvage (Dawg) Team
A Big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Guests and Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
- Cliff from Glockaholics Anonymous
- Mathew from The Podcast Consultant
- Dave from The School of Podcasting
- Ross from LiveStream Universe
- Joe from Super Joe Pardo
- Terri from EventYak
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the Podwrecked Salvage Team (or Salvage Dawg Team) and help us make content for our show, please join our awesome Podwrecked Salvage Team Members today!
Dive into Bonus Episodes
If you want to hear what Tim and Kyle have dredged up from the bottom of the sea before anyone else, please consider becoming a $5 member of our Podwrecked Salvage Team over at Patreon!
Oracles of FXBG
Visit Our Lighthouses
- Email Us: podwrecked AT GMAIL DOT com
- All our Show Notes: podwrecked.com
- All our Episodes: podwrecked.libsyn.com
- Gagglepod – Until Every Story is Told!
- Virginia Podcasters Association (VAPODA) Free Monthly Meetup for learning how to podcast and network with other podcasters!