Life After Episode #13 with Terri Walters
Ep.39 – Life After Episode #13 with Terri Walters
Tim and Kyle talk with Terri Walters, host of (EventYak), about what it was like to create her first thirteen podcast episodes.
Episode at a Glance
- There is life BEFORE you start podcasting, then there is life AFTER you start podcasting
- Most tips and tricks don’t apply to you until you START your podcast
- Podcasting is WORK and it takes devotion to your audience to get past podcast episode #13.
What did we learn?
- Terri talks about getting to podcast episode #13 is tough if you lose focus.
- Tim and Kyle discuss how many podcasters can’t help you until you actually have a show.
- Terri reveals how she used her difficulty with building a website as her crutch to keep her from starting.
- Terri talks about keeping herself motivated and how you’re the only one who will actually do the work.
- Terri shares how podcasting life looks much different once you get to episode #13.
- The topic of “Beer Tent Consultant” comes up.
- Terri, Kyle, and Tim reminisce about their fellow podcaster Johathan Strong and how they all met at MAPCON in 2018.
- Terri talks about interviewing guests.
About Terri Walters
Terri Walters is an Events Industry Veteran with 30-year experience creating Live Events. As the CEO of Moonfish Production, Terri has become the Technical Producer, Events Consultant, and Show Caller for many live events. Terri is currently the host of EventYak, a podcast that talks with people who live, eat and breathe live event, and is also the founding member and co-host of the 2018 one-hit-wonder “Beer Tent Consultant.”
Learn more about Terri:
“Starting is hard until you start. Then starting turned out to be the easy part!”
— Terri Walters, EventYak
Podwrecked Salvage Team
A Big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Guests and Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
- Cliff from Glockaholics Anonymous
- Mathew from The Podcast Consultant
- Dave from The School of Podcasting
- Ross from LiveStream Universe
- Joe from Super Joe Pardo
- Terri from EventYak
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the Podwrecked Salvage Team (details coming soon) and help us make content for our show, please join our awesome Podwrecked Salvage Team Members today!
Dive into Bonus Episodes
If you want to hear what Tim and Kyle have dredged up from the bottom of the sea before anyone else, please consider becoming a $5 member of our Podwrecked Salvage Team over at Patreon!
Captains of Delphi Predictions
Visit Our Lighthouses
- Email Us: podwrecked AT GMAIL DOT com
- All our Show Notes: podwrecked.com
- All our Episodes: podwrecked.libsyn.com
- Gagglepod – Until Every Story is Told!
- Virginia Podcasters Association (VAPODA) Free Monthly Meetup for learning how to podcast and network with other podcasters!