Ep.6 – Does Your Teacher Have a Podcast?
Tim and Kyle talk about the influence that podcasts can and will have on the classroom and why teachers need to embrace educational podcasts.
Episode at a Glance:
- Financial and access barriers to educational materials are being reduced by podcasting
What did we learn?
- Open Educational Resources (OER) can now add podcasts to their list of textbooks, streaming video, simulations, courseware, and software
- OER benefits learning by making lectures, exercises, and examples freely available
- OER be retained, reused, revised, remixed, and redistributed by K-12 educational institutions
- Educators can become their own content producers.
- The number of podcasts that are educational is growing.
- Podcasts in the Classroom
- Project Audio: Teaching Students How to Produce Their Own Podcasts
- How To Enter The NPR Student Podcast Challenge
- How Podcasts Can Improve Literacy in the Classroom
- TeacherCast Educational Network
- Colonial Williamsburg Past and Present Podcast
- Dan Carlin – Hardcore History Podcast
- Karen Jackson – A Long Look: Slow Art at the National Gallery
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
– Benjamin Franklin
- It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.
– John Wooden
Reach out to Podwrecked:
- Email Us: podwrecked AT GMAIL DOT com
- All our Show Notes: podwrecked.com
- All our Episodes: podwrecked.libsyn.com