Become a LiveStreamer with Ross Brand
Ep.35 – Become a LiveStreamer with Ross Brand
Tim and Kyle talk with the host of StreamYard Connect Ross Brand, about what to expect when you move from podcasting to livestream video.
Episode at a Glance
- Tim and Kyle welcome Ross Brand to the Podwrecked Savage Team!
- Kyle asked Ross about the process of becoming a livestreamer.
- Tim questions Ross about the technology involved in livestream success.
- Ross schools them both by opening up a master class (e.g. Livestreaming 101) on both their brains.
- Ross goes deep into how podcasters can become livestreamers… if they’re ready.
What did we learn?
- LiveStreaming is not something you just jump into.
- Podcaster’s already have most of the gear required to start LiveStreaming.
- You need to plan your Livestream the same way you plan a podcast.
- It is a good strategy to focus on one livestream platform first.
- The biggest mistakes (and how to survive them) that new livestreamers make during a live show.
- How to plan what you want to say as your first line and last line during a live show.
- Livestreaming is NOT podcasting but shares many of the same pre-production, production, and post-production challenges.
- We get into the challenges that livestreaming can create for people new to video.
- Ross talks about the Logitech c920 as a good starter web camera.
- Ross exposes his studio layout, how he got started, and how he grew livestreaming from a hobby into a professional business.
- Ross and Kyle have a little fun with the “New World of Sports” with a golf sports announcer outtake!
About Ross Brand
Ross Brand is a pioneer in the livestreaming field as both a prolific content creator and thought-leader exploring the different ways to leverage live video to grow your business or brand.
Named the world’s number 1 livestreaming expert to follow on social media by Klout and selected as one of “5 live video experts to follow” by Switcher Studio, Ross made the successful transition from terrestrial radio to livestreaming, founding LivestreamUniverse.com to empower other live video creators by showcasing their content through updates and shows.
- Master Live Streaming in 6 Weeks Live Course
- StreamYard Connect
- StreamYard Connect – LinkedIn
- Brand on Broadcasting
- LiveStream Universe
- Livestream Universe – YouTube
“A big mistake new livestreamers make is thinking they need to remove the microphone from view because you can’t see the microphone on TV. However, livestreaming not TV. Livestreaming is more like radio ON TV, not TV.”
— Ross Brand, LivestreamUniverse.com
Podwrecked Salvage Team
A Big Thank You to our Podwrecked Salvage Team (Guests and Patreon Subscribers) and Friends of the Show:
- Cliff from Glockaholics Anonymous
- Mathew from The Podcast Consultant
- Dave from The School of Podcasting
- Ross from LiveStream Universe
Thank you! And if you would like to become a member of the Podwrecked Salvage Team (details coming soon) and help us make content for our show, please join our awesome Podwrecked Salvage Team Members Cliff and Mathew!
Dive into Bonus Episodes
Timmy Kay and the Den of Iniquity Band have gone back into the studio and created a pair of classic hits for our transition music! If you want to hear what they cooked up (and how Tim produced it) before anyone else, please consider becoming a $5 member of our Podwrecked Salvage Team over at Patreon!
Captains of Delphi Predictions
- Check out our Guest Ross Brand’s 160 Predictions for Live Streaming and Digital Media in 2020!
- Read our growing list of podcast industry predictions for 2020!
Visit Our Lighthouses
- Email Us: podwrecked AT GMAIL DOT com
- All our Show Notes: podwrecked.com
- All our Episodes: podwrecked.libsyn.com
- Gagglepod – Until Every Story is Told!
- Virginia Podcasters Association (VAPODA) Free Monthly Meetup for learning how to podcast and network with other podcasters!